September 3, 2020 - COVID-19 UPDATE
The goal of the Christian life isn't just to learn, sing, pray, and pursue God individually. If it were, we'd just tune in to the best preachers and praise bands on the internet! But God has a better vision: the local church. God wants us to learn together, sing together, pray together, and pursue him together. Experiencing God together is at the heart of who we are as a church.
Many of us feel the importance of gathering now more than ever before, in our current gathering-restrictive environment. Fortunately, there's some good news! Current health guidelines allow us to host up to 100 people (in two separate groups of 50) on our campus during the Sunday worship service. So on Sunday September 13th we'll start welcoming people back into the church building for our Sunday services. Here's how it will work:
- You'll reserve spots at each Sunday's service for yourself and others in your household through the signup form on our website.
- The form will be available starting on the Monday before the service HERE, and you'll need to sign up each week. An email will confirm your reservation.
- Note: if you’re unable to access the web form for any reason you can also reserve an available spot by calling the church office at 503.629.8300 during office hours.
Public health guidelines apply. We’re asking everyone who chooses to attend to help us function in a way that’s consistent with public health guidelines:
- Everyone over age five should plan to use a face covering (mask or shield) at all times while you're inside the building, including when we sing.
- Physical distancing will be maintained at all times (sorry, no hugs and handshakes yet!).
- If you experience symptoms of an illness, please stay home.
- Everyone must check in with a Host before entering the building so that we have an accurate attendance count.
- Doors will open at 9:45 a.m. Hosts will direct the earliest arrivals to the Worship Center until that room reaches capacity, then direct remaining attenders to the Multipurpose Room where the service will be available via livestream.
- Note that once inside the building, attenders won't be able to move between the Worship Center and Multipurpose Room.
- We encourage children to attend with their families; there will be no separate children’s program at this time.
That's about it! We're happy to continue livestreaming the service so that everyone who isn't physically present can still participate live. Yet we're excited about the prospect of gathering in larger groups to pray, sing, learn, and pursue God, together.