A Quick Look at Us
Harvest Community Church is a Gospel-centered Conservative Baptist church in Hillsboro, Oregon (Portland metropolitan area). We value faithfulness to Scripture, discipleship in community, the formative power of the church gathered, and the spread of the Gospel in word and deed. We’re a 34-year-old congregation with 220 members and an average weekly attendance of 285 in our one worship service (under Oregon’s COVID-19 guidance we currently have 100 people attend the worship service in person and livestream to everyone else).
Our pastors are pastors at heart first and foremost, and see their specific areas of responsibility as means of shepherding the flock of God. As one of three full-time pastors at Harvest, this pastor will help lead the church, care for its members, and equip the saints for ministry, with particular focus on growing our worship of God and establishing an effective communication strategy for our church. He will:
Serve as a staff Pastor
- Share in teaching God’s word, pastoral counseling, prayer, and discipling believers.
- Share in conducting weddings, funerals, member care, and similar pastoral duties.
Oversee Worship Service Planning and Implementation
- Work with the Lead Pastor to create a Biblical, engaging, and Holy-Spirit-expectant worship experience for the weekly service and special events.
- Lead, and develop others to lead, effective congregational worship.
- Oversee all worship teams including vocalists, instrumentalists, and tech teams (sound and video/livestream).
- Recruit, train, and mentor (technically and spiritually) team members.
- Develop leaders from within the church body and empower them to lead on music and technical teams.
- Coordinate weekly rehearsals for discipling team members and equipping them to lead the church in authentic worship.
Oversee an Effective Communication Strategy
- Oversee the creation and maintenance of a communication strategy for the church, including Sunday morning worship, media channels (church web site, social media, church app, etc.), and other avenues of communication as needed. This strategy should:
- Inform and engage the congregation and surrounding community with the life and activities of Harvest.
- Effectively communicate Harvest’s values and vision in everything we do.
- Develop teams from within the existing staff and congregation to help shape, implement, and maintain this strategy.
- Enthusiastic about Jesus, the Gospel, pastoring, and the local church.
- Meet the scriptural qualifications in Titus 1:6-9 and 1 Timothy 3:2-7.
- Bachelor's degree or three-year certificate from an accredited evangelical Bible school or college.
- Musical ability and worship leading experience (3 years minimum experience).
- Pastoral experience (3 years minimum).
- Effective and organized communicator. Experience with media and communications.
- Strong leadership skills: eager to work as part of a team and to develop other leaders.
- Be a self-starter and initiative-taker.
This is a full time, salaried position ($60-$65k per year salary) with benefits including health insurance and paid time off. Compensation will be determined within the range listed based on skills and ministry experience.
How to Apply
To be considered for this position, all applicants should submit 3 items:
1. Address the following questions in one paragraph each (1 page or less in total):
A) How would you describe what it means to be a pastor? Describe your calling to pastoral ministry.
B) What makes you a good fit for this particular position?
3. A video sample of you leading worship
Email completed applications to MMSearchteam@harvestcc.org
Job Description pdf