Summary of Job Description:
For full job description please see the following PDF HERE.
Harvest Community Church is seeking a Minister of Music to join in leading the church in a thriving culture of worship. The Minister of Music (MM) responsibilities include leading worship music, mentoring/developing other music leaders within the congregation to also lead, and coordinating gifted people to use music to draw people into a deeper relationship with God. The MM would join the church as a formal member and will report directly to the Lead Pastor.
This is a part-time position (18 – 24 hours per week) and does not include benefits. Hourly pay is $20 – 25/hour depending on experience.
Harvest’s mission is: To glorify God, by learning together to live like Jesus to reach our world. As a formal member of Harvest and part of the ministry staff team, the MM will contribute to the overall church direction and decision-making via weekly staff meetings, and is involved in ministering, teaching, and communicating our church beliefs.
- Develop and oversee all areas of the Music ministry, including music teams (instrumental and vocal) and technical teams (including sound, video and lighting technicians).
- Lead worship through music while recruiting, training, and developing team members.
- Raise up worship music leaders within the Music Ministry teams to also lead.
- Oversee the planning of Sunday worship services in conjunction with the Lead Pastor, consistent with Harvest’s core values for music in the worship service.
- Perform other responsibilities as determined by the Lead Pastor
- Applicant Requirements:
- Bachelors degree or three year Bible School Certificate. Formal music and Bible/theology training are preferred but not required.
- Three years experience leading church Worship Music, or any combination of education and experience which would provide the applicant with the desired skills, knowledge and ability required to perform the job.
- Be in thorough agreement with Harvest’s doctrinal statement, mission statement, constitution and bylaws, membership covenant, and philosophy of ministry.
- Skilled in organization, administration, and interpersonal relationships.
- Familiar with the use of technology in worship, including the use of sound, lighting, computers, and video projection.
- Demonstrate a vibrant, growing relationship with God that is evidenced in all areas of life, including personal disciplines and a balanced, healthy family life.
- Demonstrate a lifestyle of the “humility that comes from wisdom.” James 3:13.
- Have an adequate knowledge of scripture to be able to plan services and give counsel from a biblical perspective.
- To apply or for questions regarding the position, email your resume to MMSearchteam@harvestcc.org.